February 19, 2012

If I Were the Devil

II Corinthians 11:15

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Make no mistake. Satan is not some pitch-fork wielding, hoof-footed, prong-horned, red-skinned Medieval boogeyman. He's the real deal, but so is God. Believers do not have to worry about that ol' devil. Certainly, Christians need to be on the look for him (I Pt. 5:8); have the full armor of God on (Eph. 6:11-18); keep God's word through obedience (Ps. 119:11; James 1:22-25) and, be watching and praying (Matt. 26:41).

Below you'll see an interesting article written by Paul Harvey about how things would look like under the guise of Satan. Pretty accurate, huh? Interestingly, Mr. Harvey wrote this piece back in 1999, almost 13 years ago. Things have only worsened since then. The only thing he left out was this tidbit by Charles Pierre Baudelaire: "The devil’s best trick is to persuade you that he doesn’t exist.”

Don't say I never warned you about the Devil's wiles!


"If I Were the Devil"
By Paul Harvey

I would gain control of the most powerful nation in the world;

I would delude their minds into thinking that they had come from man's
effort, instead of God's blessings;


I would promote an attitude of loving things and using people, instead of
the other way around;


I would dupe entire states into relying on gambling for their state revenue;

I would convince people that character is not an issue when it comes to
leadership;


I would make it legal to take the life of unborn babies;

I would make it socially acceptable to take one's own life, and invent
machines to make it convenient;


I would cheapen human life as much as possible so that life of animals are
valued more than human beings;


I would take God out of the schools, where even the mention of His name was
grounds for a lawsuit;


I would come up with drugs that sedate the mind and target the young, and I
would get sports heroes to advertise them;


I would get control of the media, so that every night I could pollute the
minds of every family member for my agenda;


I would attack then family, the backbone of any nation. I would make
divorce acceptable and easy, even fashionable. If the family crumbles, so
does the nation;


I would compel people to express their most depraved fantasies on canvas and
movies screens, and I would call it art;


I would convince the world that people are born homosexuals, and that their
lifestyles should be accepted and marveled;


I would convince the people that right and wrong are determined by a few who
call themselves authorities and refer to their agendas as politically
correct;


I would persuade people that the church is irrelevant and out of date, the
Bible is for the naive:


I would dull the minds of Christians, and make them believe that prayer is
not important, and that faithfulness and obedience are optional;


I GUESS I WOULD LEAVE THINGS PRETTY MUCH THE WAY THEY ARE!



No comments: