May 22, 2012

Aim High, Shoot Low

James 4:3
"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."


I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.1
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I, among all men, am most richly blessed!
Indeed and amen.

Don't fail to take care of today what you should've taken care of yesterday: The Plan of Salvation!


1Romans 8:26 states, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Also,

Matthew 18:1-4 - "At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

No comments: